Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
P-EBT Summer 2021
Summer 2021 P-EBT
The U.S. Department of Agriculture authorized Summer P-EBT benefits for school-age children who qualified for free or reduced-priced school meals by July 30, 2021, or attended a Community Eligibility Provision school (where all children received free/reduced-price meals, regardless of family income) in May 2021.
Did your child receive May P-EBT benefits?
Your child will receive Summer P-EBT benefits by August 6.
If eligible, you can expect to receive Summer P-EBT benefits between late August and early October.
What is the Summer P-EBT benefit amount?
Summer P-EBT benefits will be issued in a one-time payment of $375 per child covering both June and July 2021. (The payment will be listed for June in the P-EBT Parent Portal but covers both months.)
Will my child get Summer P-EBT?
- Your child will get Summer P-EBT if the child:
- Qualified for free or reduced-price school meals through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and School Breakfast Program (SBP) on or before July 30, 2021, and was attending school in May 2021, OR
- Attended a Community Eligibility Provision school (in which all students receive free or reduced-price school meals, regardless of family income) in May 2021.
- All Learning Styles Eligible: Students who attended school in-person, as well as on a hybrid or virtual schedule, are eligible if they receive free or reduced-price meals and were in school in May 2021. This is different than the 2020-21 School Year P-EBT Program.
- School Meals Deadline: July 30 was the deadline for families to apply for free or reduced-price meals through the National School Lunch Program. Once the school or district qualifies them for the program, they will be eligible for Summer P-EBT benefits.
How & when will I get Summer P-EBT?
Summer P-EBT benefits will be issued as a one-time payment covering both June and July 2021.
- Existing P-EBT Cards for 2020-21 School Year - To certify students as eligible for Summer P-EBT, schools must submit a list of students who were in school and on free or reduced-price meals in May 2021.
- If you already received a card AND your child’s school has already submitted your child as eligible for May benefits because your child attended school as a hybrid or virtual student, you should receive Summer P-EBT benefits on your child’s card by August 6.
- If you already received a card but your child DOES NOT receive P-EBT benefits for May because your school did not report your child attended school as a hybrid or virtual student in May, you can expect to receive benefits on your child’s P-EBT card once the school submits Summer P-EBT information between late August and October.
- New Cards - If your child hasn’t received a P-EBT card for the 2020-21 school year, but is eligible for Summer P-EBT benefits, you should receive a card for your child between late August and October, after your child’s school submits Summer P-EBT information. An informational will be sent before the card.
- Card distribution each week will be determined by the successful receipt of each school’s data files and the limited number of EBT cards available for processing.