Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
SNAP Employment and Training
If you receive SNAP benefits, you are eligible to participate in the SNAP E&T program and begin creating your path to a fulfilling job.
SNAP E&T will help provide you with skills, training and the experience you need to get a job or even a better one if you already work. The program is voluntary, free and does not affect your SNAP benefits.
Are you eligible for the SNAP E&T program?
- Receiving SNAP benefits, or listed as an adult in the same household the same month someone joins the SNAP E&T program?
- Not receiving FITAP cash assistance or not participating in the STEP program?
- Able to work when the program is completed?
If you answered yes to each of the above, you are likely able to participate in the SNAP E&T program.
SNAP E&T Services
Benefits you may receive by participating in SNAP E&T:
- A personal job plan
- Job Search Training, including resume writing and career planning
- Job Retention Skills and Support
- Work Readiness Training
- Improve basic skills
Services Available for SNAP E&T Participants
To help support you and remove possible problems you have in completing the SNAP E&T program, you may be reimbursed for these and other expenses:
- Transportation costs
- Childcare expenses
- Internet costs
- Personal care, such as haircuts