Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
If you have an active child support case in Louisiana and have trouble making monthly child support payments, the Achieving Change for Children through Employment, Skills and Support (CSE E&T) initiative will help you support your family through job opportunities, training and support services.
CSE E&T is a new, free initiative from the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services program that connects you with community groups who assist you in overcoming barriers to finding a stable, paying job.
Are you eligible for the CSE E&T program?
Both the non-custodial and custodial parent with an open child support case in Louisiana are eligible to participate in CSE E&T. Ensuring that both parents have stable paying jobs will help them better support their children and family. If participating in CSE E&T, a parent cannot receive other employment and training services through DCFS’ SET for Success programs.
How do I enroll?
Contact your DCFS Child Support Enforcement Analyst. You also may be referred to the program for services from Family or District Court.
CSE E&T Services
Benefits you may receive by participating in CSE E&T:
- Hard skills training in an in-demand industry
- Soft skills training in communication and customer service
- Job readiness training and placement
- Work experience
- Resolution of barriers to employment, such as criminal record, legal services, or driver’s license suspension
- Support from personal career navigator and success coach
- Referrals to other community services
To help support you and remove possible problems you have in completing the CSE E&T program, you may be reimbursed for these and other expenses:
- Transportation costs
- Items needed for work, such as work clothing, tools, or textbooks
- Industry-recognized certifications and credentialing