Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
LAHelpU Customer Service Center Information
|Regular Hours of Operation|
|Monday - Friday (except state holidays, official office closures)||7:30 am — 6:00 pm|
|Additional Information (DCFS Office Hours, Closures)|
|DCFS Customer Service Chatbot - Try it!|
|DCFS is building a chatbot that can provide quick answers to questions about our food assistance programs. It's a work in progress, but we invite you to try it. Help us perfect this exciting new customer service tool.|
To Contact the LAHelpU Customer Service Center
Call LAHelpU Customer Service Center at (888) 524-3578.
- To speak with a customer service representative about SNAP, select your language, then press these numbers as prompted: 3-1-3-6. (Tip: Don't press all four numbers at once. Wait for the prompts. When asked to make a selection the first time, press 3. At the second prompt press 1. At the next prompt, press 3 and then press 6 at the final prompt.)
- To speak with a customer service representative about DSNAP or P-EBT, press 9.
Email LAHelpU at LAHelpU.DCFS@la.gov or fax to (225) 663-3164.
- Include your name as it appears in our records, all of your contact information, your date of birth and the last four digits of your Social Security number. If faxing or mailing, include this information on each page. To help expedite your case, you should use a descriptive subject line and briefly explain your reason for writing.
- If you are an existing SNAP client, include your Case ID (the shorter number on the front of your EBT card).
- Staff respond as quickly as possible but receive many more requests than they can respond to in a day. Please allow at least 3 or 4 business days for a response.
To reduce potential wait times, DCFS encourages clients and applicants to continue to access services electronically or by phone whenever possible, as follows:
- To report child abuse, call Louisiana’s child abuse hotline at 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437), or for mandatory reporters, visit dcfs.la.gov/mandatedreporters.
- To access SNAP, FITAP, KCSP or Child Support, apply online via the CAFÉ Self-Service Portal (dcfs.la.gov/cafe) or get information about the services online at www.dcfs.la.gov/page/family-support or by calling the LAHelpU Customer Service Center at 1-888-LA-HELP-U (1-888-524-3578).
- SNAP recipients and applicants can access frequently-asked questions at http://www.dcfs.louisiana.gov/page/snap-covid19-response-faqs.
- Child support clients will find FAQs at http://www.dcfs.louisiana.gov/page/185.
What You Need to Know Before Visiting a DCFS Office
DCFS offices are open to the public with a reduced capacity restriction, including office lobbies. This is in an effort to continue to mitigate further spread of the coronavirus and maintain safety for visitors and staff.
Visitors to DCFS offices should be prepared to answer some screening questions and have their temperature checked at the door, to wear a mask or face covering at all times while in the building, and to be asked to return at a later date if showing any symptoms of COVID-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus. Visitors also should be prepared to wait outside the office, while maintaining the recommended 6 feet of social distancing between people, or in their vehicles if the office’s capacity has already been reached.